Best Gifts for Grandma in 2017
Looking for the best gifts for your Grandma? We’ve got you covered with our complete list created in late 2017 for the most up to date and relevant gifts.
So you are a new mom and you need ideas of how to notify the new grandma of her new grandchild. Of course a present is one of the ways to do that but what do you get. Perhaps a photo frame with a hand print of the new grandchild will be perfect. Getting married or graduating and want to invite your Nana. You dont want just the standard invitation, you want something more personalized gifts.
Or are you just wanting to say thank you to your mom for being such a great granny to your baby. Or do you just want to give your gran a fun present for Grandparents day.
Gifts for Grandma this 2017
- Grandma Butterfly Suncatcher
- Willow Tree Grandmother Keepsake Box
- What I Love About Grandma Fill in the Love Journal
- Feilaiger Floating Living Memory Lockets
- The Grandparent Gift Life Story Frame
- Comfort Candles Grandmother by Pavilion Tea Light Candle
- Malden International Designs Grandma Picture Frame
- Worlds Greatest Grandma Parking Only Sign
- I Love You, Grandma book
- Memories for My Grandchild Grandparent’s Memory Book
- Grandparents House Rules Mounted Decorative Wall Art Sign
- Baby Child Keepsake Handprint Frame
- Grandma Bracelet Engraved Gift Jewelry
- Light up LED Heart for Grandma
- I Love You to the Moon and Back Suncatcher
Something personalized so that they will know it is from you? A photo frame with a photo of you and her together or a photo of the family all together in the photo frame perhaps. Do you need something practical to help her get around, or be more comfortable in her home, or is safety an issue?
Whatever ideas you have whether it is a personalized gift, a funny t-shirt, or a photo frame or even a more serious item such as recliners, walkers and safety features for their home. We have it all here for you in this list of best gifts for grandma on Amazon right now.
Enesco Foundations Grandmother Angel Stone Resin Figurine
Drive Medical Scout Compact Travel Power Scooter
Classic Brands Adjustable Comfort Adjustable Bed
Can't Find What You're Looking For?View More Gifts for Grandma +
Buyers Guide Questions
Top Gift under $1000
Sitting comfortably in front of your TV set or whilst reading on a lazy Sunday afternoon or just relaxing after a hard day is what the Coaster Furnishings Casual Power Lift Recliner will offer your Nana. This plush recliner that offers a lift function to help your Nan out of the chair without her having to put any strain on her knees or back. It also features a recline function that that allows for a gentle power recline via remote control you can recline fully, this will be like heaven on earth to your Grandma. The seat is so well padded you will sink into the seats embrace and never want to get out again.
Upholstered in velvet with a brown sugar colour, it is sure to fit into your Grans living room with ease. Sewn-in pockets give her plenty of space to put remote controls and of knitting needles. The seat is easy to put together even your 80 year old Gran could do it with ease. If you are looking for the ultimate in luxury gifting ideas that you could offer her to say thank you to her for all she does.
Top Present under $500
Safetyit is all important especially in todays world. Being sure that your Nana is safe and secure is of paramount importance. So get her something that she will be able to hear, see and speak to anybody that may arrive at her doorstep without having to open the door first. It works with all Smartphones, tablets or PC. This wonderful piece of equipment will alert you to the face that you have visitors whether they ring the doorbell or just trigger the built-in motion sensors at the door. You can first look to see who it is on in clear HD video before deciding if you want to let them in.
Night time is no problem, even if the porch light is blown, the infrared night vision allows you to see in the dark too. You can talk to your visitors to ascertain what they want via a two-way audio that features noise cancellation. Even when you are not in the house, or when somebody is alone and you want to make sure nothing untoward is going on you can get streaming video and audio with live view. It is easy to set up and comes with a tool kit and installation guide. Never worry about your aged grandmother again, ensure she will always be safe with the Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell in Satin Nickel. It may not be jewelry but as gifting ideas go it is one of the best for your aging mom or gran and is available on Amazon now.
Top Gift for Grandma under $100
Personalized gifts are so much more rewarding to give and receive. A photo frame holds so much more than a photo. It speaks to new beginnings when it heralds the arrival of a new baby or even just new beginnings of a graduate on their way to college. You want your gran to be a part of all of the new family happenings as she is one of the most important family members.
It can be personalized with an inscription in at the back and a photo of her and you, or her and the family. How better to celebrate than capturing the memory on a photo. The Grandparent Gift Life Story Frame from Amazon allows your gran to document her journey from Child to Grandparent in the form of three photos with inscriptions. From young girl, to new mom to new grandmother. It is available now at Amazon.
Best Grandma Gift under $20
The perfect personalized gifts for your grans house. It documents the birth of her grandchildren with their names and dates of birth. Made from 100% acid free natural burlap and printed in high quality black ink. Put it into a personalized photo frame and she can either hang it proudly on her wall, or place it on her desktop at her house. A very cute personalized gift for grandma that wont break the bank and available now at Amazon.
Recommend Stocking Filler Gift
Seeing the buttons on the remote is not only a problem that your Gran might experience. The bestselling Flipper Remote is designed for seniors and those that have low or impaired vision. It has large colour coded tactile buttons that allow you to set the volume, channel and switch on/off. It is compatible with most devices and you can use it on any TV or DTV box. Instead of two remotes you only need this one.
You can customize your content too programming up to 25 favorite channels for easy access. The lock feature prevents you from accidentally reprogramming it when pressing the wrong buttons. One of the best gifting ideas for an elderly Gran or Mom or anybody really. Get one of these gifts on Amazon for under $35.
If you are looking for more gifts for that special someone, you can take a look at our curated list of gifts at our inspiration section. If you’d like us to create a list of brilliant gifts, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What are the best gifts for grandmas for Christmas 2017?
Christmas is a wonderful time to celebrate the special bonds between family members, with family gatherings, dinners, outings, and gift-giving. Part of the preparation for Christmas is buying gifts, and deciding what to get for each of your loved ones. So, what do you get for grandma for Christmas 2017?
- Something sentimental & personal. A gift that shows attention to detail and an emotional connection is always a good choice. The Treasured Passages Letter Book is a gift that offers the preservation of memories as well as valuable time spent sharing stories with your grandma. Personalized jewellery makes a lovely gift, such as an engraved bracelet or a locket with pictures of her grandchildren set safely inside. Monogrammed accessories, like a scarf or pair of gloves with her initials embroidered on them, will make her feel special. Similarly, choose gifts that you know she will love, by choosing an item according to her interests. Perhaps she is a bird enthusiast who would enjoy a bird book or a cute new birdhouse (like the Cottage Birdhouse), or a subscription to her favourite magazine.
- Organize an experience. Time spent with your grandma is the most valuable gift of all, so you can organize something special for the two of you to enjoy together, as a unique Christmas gift. An outing to a museum, theatre show, dinner out, or lunch at a botanical garden are all great ways to spend some quality time with your grandma. Make sure that you cover all expenses, especially if you that her pension or savings dont quite cover luxury activities! She may insist on contributing financially, but simply be firm and insist that its your treat.
- Pamper her with a luxury gift. Your grandma might not buy special things for herself, so why not spoil her with a high quality, luxury gift such as a silk scarf or pearl earrings? You neednt go overboard if she doesnt really like luxury goods, but if she appreciates a good quality accessoryor piece of jewellery or necklace, make her day with something special! Make sure you choose something that she likes for example, you wouldnt get her a designer handbag if she enjoys collecting beautiful earrings!
- Create a DIY gift for grandma with your kids. If your young children want to give grandma a Christmas gift that they have created themselves, you can help them to make a cute and sentimental gift! The easiest idea is to make a painting or a print, where each grandchild can add a bit of creativity. Some fun prompts include getting the grandchildren to draw themselves with their grandparents, making art for grandma, drawing her cats or other pets, or her favourite things. Get each child to sign their names however they are able and put a date on the artwork. You can frame it for her, and the kids can present grandma with the wrapped gift on Christmas.
How do I choose an appropriate gift for a grandma who livesa nursing home?
You may be perplexed when trying to choose a gift for your grandma if she lives in a nursing home, especially seeing as she probably has a smaller personal living space, and limited mobility and cognitive abilities. However, you can still get her a suitable and thoughtful gift, if you take a few things into consideration:
- Do some research.If youre not sure what the nursing house allows when it comes to safety etc, give them a call and make sure that your gift will be appropriate. For example, they may not allow pets (in case you were thinking about getting her a canary for company!) or some kinds of high-maintenance potted plants. If you are not able to visit your grandma as often as youd like, and youre not sure what she needs or what the nursing-home offers, phone a relative who visits your grandma regularly and ask for their advice.
- Make her feel at home. If she has had to sell or move most of her belongings from her previous house, try to get her something the will make her feel more comfortable in her new room/suite. If she used to have comfy old furniture, look into getting her a second-hand, beautifully designed chair for her room, or a lovely new bed quilt that has a similar pattern to her old decor. If she had a large garden before moving that she loved tending to, why not get her a few small, easy-to-care-for potted plants? That way, she can enjoy having flowers and greenery in her room, no matter her mobility or how small her living space.
- Know her ailments and limits. Getting older and frailer can be extremely difficult for your grandma, so its best to be sensitive and conscientious when it comes to gift choices. If she has deteriorating eyesight, a large-print version of her favourite book would be a better choice than a thick novel with fine print. Likewise, fiddly jigsaw puzzles may just frustrate her if her fine motor skills are not as good as they used to be. You want her to feel understood and cared for, so choosing a gift that suits her current abilities is essential.
What kind of gifts can I get for an active grandma?
If your are fortunate enough to have a grandma who is still very much healthy, active, and social, then you have a few more different options for gifts available to you! Find out if she wants to try a new hobby, or whether she is interested in getting new tools or materials for an existing hobby, and get her something unique to enhance her leisure time activities!Keeping active is essential for the elderly, and you can help to keep your grandma healthy and happy with a practical and thoughtful set of gifts.
- If your grandma loves gardening but cant bend over quite as easily to reach her beloved flowerbeds, get her a handy Foldable Garden Kneeler! The supportive foam will cushion her knees, and the device can be turned over to form a sturdy bench. No more sore back from stooping! Gardening together with your grandma is also a wonderful bonding activity, as you can chat and joke in a relaxed setting, whilst enjoying the outdoors. You might even learn a thing or two that you can pass on to your own grandchildren.
- Most grandmas like to keep up with the lives of their children and grandchildren via social media, and you can support her interest by keeping her socially connected. You could get her a new smart phone or tablet if she isnt able to afford one by herself, or a cosy pair of Pop Dot Tech Gloves that will let her use her smart devices whilst still keeping her hands warm in winter. You can spend some time with grandma as you teach her to use her new device, and even take a few selfies to mark the occasion! She will love feeling closer to her family, especially if you are separated by living across the country.
- If shes a fan of cultural events, why not get her a season/yearly pass to the theatre or her favourite museum? You can also set up several fun outings where you can go together and enjoy some cake and coffee afterwards. She will enjoy getting out and about, and having your company. You could also sign both your grandparents up to a dinner club or a skills class, so that they can have fun learning new things together.
In general, its good to avoid typical cliched Christmas gifts, and to choose personalized, sentimental gifts that are tailored to the personality and circumstances of your grandma. She will adore a gift that shows how much careful thought and love was put into it!
Take a look at our other reviews here: