The Best Electric Mosquito Traps That Really Do The Job
Enjoy Your Indoor and Outdoor Life to the Fullest With These Mosquito Traps
We put ourselves in your shoes when we wrote this top 9 best electric mosquito traps ‘wünder’ list. We said to ourselves, ‘no one wants to read long explanations or unrelated dead boring data’. We understand what folk like you want to know comprises a 3 part approach i.e. (a) What is the best electric mosquito trap on the market right now, (b) Why it’s the best (in our humble opinion) and (perhaps most importantly), (c) How much it’s going cost (not necessarily in that order) you. To fulfill those essential criteria, we spent some time researching 1. What’s out there (currently on the market) in terms of electric mosquito traps, 2. What people who already own them are saying (user experience) and 3. What we think are outstanding qualities and why you should consider them. The bottom line is that you want to enjoy your beautiful spaces in your attractive home or outside in the beautiful setting of your garden with friends and family, without being harassed by freakin’ mosquitoes. By reading further we guarantee an irresistible level of informed choice and hence a purchase will be just a click away. We’ve seen it work. And it works like this. Read – Click – Buy. Let’s get you started: Simply scan down the list, locate an item you can afford, and read. Easy peazy.
[table id=136 /]
- The Executioner Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper
- Ylovetoys Solar Bug Zapper
- Aspectek 40W Electronic Bug Zapper Insect Killer
- Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer
- Inadays’ InaTrap Mosquito Killing Device
- Stinger Ind Insect Trap
- Flowtron PV-440 Galaxie Power-Vac Mosquito Control Unit
- Mosquito Magnet MM4200 Patriot Plus Mosquito Trap
- Mega-Catch Pro 900 Premier Mosquito Trap
- Electric Mosquito Traps Buying Guide
- Are electric mosquito traps messy? Will I be cleaning up dead insects all day long?
- I’m concerned about affecting the bees in our area. Will my electric mosquito trap kill other insects like bees?
- Why should the electric mosquito traps be placed away from where the people are?
Electric Mosquito Traps Buying Guide
Mosquito’s, despite the cute almost comical name, are deadly. Millions of people die from mosquito related illnesses every year. This little guy has taken huge strides in gaining for himself the title of “most deadly animal in the world”. We kid you not! You can read about the notorious reputation here. A list of deadly and debilitating diseases carried by our little skin piercing pest include Zika Virus, West Nile Virus, Malaria, Dengue Fever and Chikungunya to name a few. And if you didn’t know none of these are ‘fun’ (think terminal bleeding from every orifice).
We know it’s an image you won’t easily forget but it’s an image that if you are like us, will prompt you now to invest in any of these life-saving electric mosquito traps. Please read this buyers guide with care and take your time to make a quality decision. This is about effectiveness, not making money, so if you solve your problem with the The Executioner Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper then you’ve earned our praise and applause. In the same token, if you are living on a large estate in the Everglades with a serious mosquito, then forking out the cash for a couple of Mega-Catch Pro 900 Premier Mosquito Trap is what we say you must do. Before the problem is out of control (yes, mosquito’s multiply – and fast).
Like a strategic airstrike from the heavens, we’ve mapped out (in three simple questions) the perfect mosquito mincing trajectory to provide that sweet spot, where quality and affordability meet and on-line shopping happens.
Where is your mosquito problem?
Where do you spend the most time being harassed by these pesky bugs? Is it indoors, in a fairly small quaint cottage by the lake or do you have large parties in equally large entertainment areas beside your landscaped garden estuary?
For your cottage at lake Tahoe, we suggest you buy yourself an indoor electric mosquito trap. From our review above The Executioner Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper, Aspectek 40W Electronic Bug Zapper Insect Killer, the award winning Inadays’ InaTrap Mosquito Killing Device or Stinger Ind Insect Trap, will all work equally well. If you held us at gunpoint with one selection between a bullet in the head and a mosquito free day, we’d choose the Aspectek 40W Electronic Bug Zapper Insect Killer for price and value combined.
Outside (patios included) these gadgets are slightly different in that they sport a tougher and usually more robust design (to withstand the elements). In addition you can save yourself on all levels by using solar power. We should also add, the outdoor gadgets utilize propane (nasty for indoors) and carbon dioxide (CO2) as well as insecticides (gross!). If that tickles your fancy you can read more about those here. Oh yes…we almost forgot…besides propane and CO2 you may come across products that use Octenol, Lurex and lactic acid (all attractants) but don’t worry – it’s just another way to lure them bugs into the death chamber.
If your problem is outside you can choose the Ylovetoys Solar Bug Zapper which operates on solar power (remember?), or the vintage lantern look-a-like Flowtron BK-40D Electronic Insect Killer, don’t forget the vacuum reliant Flowtron PV-440 Galaxie Power-Vac Mosquito Control Unit, the formidable tri-factor Mosquito Magnet MM4200 Patriot Plus Mosquito Trap and the ballsy outdoor barbecue savor the, Mega-Catch Pro 900 Premier Mosquito Trap.
So if you were wondering (we like you well informed) key differences (generally speaking) between outdoor and indoor units are that indoor unites predominantly have electrically powered grids (no sun indoors) and outdoor units are hard wearing with a chemically-based operating system.
Please note that the truth of this matter is that a mosquito trap is not going to solve your problem as a standalone precaution. This might sound disappointing but the reality is that unless you implement a comprehensive program that includes (in addition to these traps) treating nearby water sources to annihilate the breeding grounds. Your problem will persist.
What’s the size of your mosquito problem?
Mosquito infestations are as varied as the breeze that blows them in. Perhaps your evenings are intermittently interrupted by the occasional buzzer in which case a simple and compact, electric mosquito trap like The Executioner Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper, Aspectek 40W Electronic Bug Zapper Insect Killer, or Inadays’ InaTrap Mosquito Killing Device will suffice. On the other hand, we know of some folk who in summer month’s dart like frightened meerkats from cover to cover under constant threat from those needle-tipped blood suckers. That is not living, and barely surviving (and you thought we didn’t care?). For you we recommend the big guns like the Mosquito Magnet MM4200 Patriot Plus Mosquito Trap and Mega-Catch Pro 900 Premier Mosquito Trap.
What is your preferred choice of execution?
Whether it be outside or inside the ‘heart’ of the operation remains the same…lure them in (chemicals, light, heat and wind) then zap the suckers till it hurts (electricity, starvation or poison). When selecting your electric mosquito trap you essentially have three choices, i.e. electrocution, dehydration, and poisoning. If it were up to us then we say choose wisely (mother earth is toxic as it is) and go green all the way with a solar powered nuke bomb like the Ylovetoys Solar Bug Zapper (outdoors) (indoors after charging) or the energy saving LED based Inadays’ InaTrap Mosquito Killing Device for indoors.
Are electric mosquito traps messy? Will I be cleaning up dead insects all day long?
They can be since the insect bodies are known to explode on electrocution. And this is why some people prefer the trap and dehydrate killing methods. However, most modern (all on our list) electric mosquito traps come with easily-cleaned built-in receptacles that are deigned to catch flying insect debris.
I’m concerned about affecting the bees in our area. Will my electric mosquito trap kill other insects like bees?
Yes, the average electric outdoor mosquito trap will kill bees, wasps but not the larger bumble bees. If you have resident swarms we suggest you have them relocated by a professional beekeeper.
Why should the electric mosquito traps be placed away from where the people are?
Electric mosquito traps are designed not only to kill the mosquitoes but also to attract them. If you are standing nearby to the device you’ll get bitten. Capice!? Also, the average electric mosquito trap generates a voltage of 2,000 volts or more. Never touch!
We’ve enjoyed our time together and trust that you have too. Above is a great list of products which we assure you will bring you hours of well-deserved bug free leisure time around your lovely homes and gardens with family and friends. As a parting gift to you and to say “thank you!’ for sticking with us, we’ve compiled an easy-to-read check list to speed things up once you bring your new electric mosquito trap home:
- The best spot for your electric mosquito trap seems to be between the water where they are breeding and your living space.
- People find that the electric mosquito trap is most effective in the shade but also suggest (and we agree) that you experiment with the placement till you find that so called ‘sweet spot’.
- Ok here’s a really helpful one you’ll be so grateful you read. Your mosquitoes and your friend in another area’s mosquitoes are not all attracted by the same stimuli (clever buggers). If the electric mosquito trap allows for various attracts to be used we suggest you try them all out to find the optimum one. We also think chatting to someone who knows will save you time and money rather than buying every conceivable attractant on the market.
- Given the health risk attached, we suggest you don’t buy the cheapest electric mosquito trap, but rather lean your decision towards potency.
- Energy and environmental concerns are no laughing matter. This planet is heating up fast. With that in mind don’t hesitate to buy your electric mosquito trap based on energy sustainability (in terms of running costs that is).
- Sticking with energy saving we recommend (if the option is available) solar power and or rechargeable batteries. Also look at the energy efficiency of your bulbs.
- And finally, we need to remind you that electric mosquito traps can be noisy, especially the high voltage kind, (think exploding mosquito bodies) so whether you are caring for newborns or anxious and easily frightened folk make sure your electric mosquito trap is noiseless. If they don’t specify then just ask.
We would love to improve on this list so don’t hesitate to give us some feedback regarding your electric mosquito trapping experiences. Have a wonderful bug free day folks!