The Best Affordable Radar Detectors On The Market
Be aware of your surroundings at all times
Knowing what’s going on around you when you’re driving is essential to making good decisions on the road, and one of the ways you can really revolutionize your road awareness is with these top 9 best affordable radar detectors. Stay away from those speeding fines and road traps that the police set out by catching them early and getting a warning – it couldn’t be easier! Now you won’t ever have to pay for being just a few miles over the speed limit, because you’ll be able to slow down in time.
Best Affordable Radar Detectors To Eliminate Speeding Fines of 2017
Table of Contents
- Best Affordable Radar Detectors To Eliminate Speeding Fines of 2017
- Beltronics V10 Radar/Laser Detector
- Cobra Electronics DSP9200BT Radar Detector
- Whistler CR90 Laser Radar Detector
- Beltronics RX65 Red Professional Series Radar/Laser Detector
- Uniden DFR5 Long Range Radar/Laser Detection
- Cobra Electronics SLR 500 Radar/Laser Detector
- Beltronics PRO200 Radar/Laser Detector
- Cobra Electronics SPX 7800BT Maximum Performance Radar/Laser/Camera Detector
- Cobra Electronics iRAD 950 iRadar ATOM Radar Detector
|Picture||Device Model||Size||Price||Our Rating|
|Beltronics V10 Radar/Laser Detector||4.8 x 2.8 x 1.2 inches||$$$||5|
|Cobra Electronics DSP9200BT Radar Detector||3.4 x 2.3 x 1.1 inches||$$$||4.97|
|Whistler Cr90 Laser Radar Detector||2.9 x 1.2 x 4.5 inches||$$||4.93|
|Beltronics RX65 Red Professional Series Radar/Laser Detector||2 x 2 x 2 inches||$$||4.85|
|Uniden DFR5 Long Range Radar/Laser Detection||6.8 x 2.5 x 10.1 inches||$$$||4.80|
|Cobra Electronics SLR 500 Radar/Laser Detector||4.6 x 3.6 x 1.5 inches||$$||4.78|
|Beltronics PRO200 Radar/Laser Detector||4.8 x 2.8 x 1.2 inches||$$||4.75|
|Cobra Electronics SPX 7800BT Maximum Performance Radar/Laser/Camera Detector||3.71 x 2.43 x 1.54 inches||$||4.72|
|Cobra Electronics iRAD 950 iRadar ATOM Radar Detector||7 x 5.5 x 2 inches||$||4.70|
Guide to the Best Affordable Radar Detectors
How do you tell what makes a good radar detector? Well, there are a few major factors that you need to consider. There will be a difference between a silent running model and a voice alert one, as well as different modes such as highway and city modes. You need to find aunit that suitsyour driving style and your needs, and we’ve gota great range that covers just about everything.Read on below to see the frequently asked questions about the best affordable radar detectors.
What are the best radar detectors for the money?
We believe that a good balance between price and quality makes for the best affordable radar detectors: affordability is key here, because a $600 unit is simply too much for regular people to consider buying. Professional personal investigators, police and even spies might have that kind of cash to drop on a radar detector, but most of us really dont. There are a few common factors which make the best affordable radar detectors appealing to us, and here they are:
Long Range the sooner your radar detector can pick something up, the quicker you will know about it and the more time you will have to make a decision about what to do about it. If a traffic cop is watching over a key interchange or bridge, it would be nice to know about it from your radar detector before youre already speeding past him and have no way of getting out that ticket. Shorter range units are going to be cheaper, but they will also not work as well as more expensive long range units.
Ability to Link to Phones this is a great plus for some newer models, because it’s likely that you are using your phone for GPS or other driving related apps at the same time. This will mean that you can receive notifications, voice alerts and more on your phone without having the check the detector screen, which could end up being another distraction.
Ability to Identify and Ignore False Positives the better the detector is at identifying things that aren’t police radars or lasers, the less false alarms you’re going to get. Slowing down suddenly is almost as dangerous as speeding in the first place, so having a radar detector that only works when it’s supposed to is a must!
Speed of Detection this one is important, because its no use receiving a notification for a laser signal that youve already passed 5 minutes ago. The best radar detectors will be able to pick up signals and lasers quickly and effectively, which will give you time to react.
A good radar detector will make you a better driver and save you a ton of money in the long run.
How good are radar detectors?
First off we need to understand how radar detectors work, and what their capabilities are. Some radar detectors will be better than others because of their range, their ability to ignore false positives, and their speed of detection. These factors depend on a few things, but lets begin with the basics:
Radar detectors can pick up ultraviolet frequencies from other radar equipment, primarily from things like police radar speed cameras. They can detect radar from a long way away, but the range is so wide that it may pick up interference quite often.If they pick up a laser when youre travelling over the speed limit, then youve already got a speeding ticket. Because laser is the speed of light (check these brilliant pocket flashlights), as soon as you can detect the police, they can detect you too. If you choose to use a laser-jammer to confound the police, be careful of your state or countrys laws, because you might find yourself on the sticky end of a confrontation if you dont follow the rules.
Just to be 100% clear, we do not condone illegal activity, or circumvention of the law! These radar detectors are intended to make you and your child a better driver, and give you a better awareness of your environment as you cruise around town. When traffic cops are setting up speed traps or checking the speed of traffic, they are also trying to remind you that you need to be safe on the roads and slow down for your own and every one else’s safety.
What is the best radar detector on the market?
Because we are aiming to give you the best affordable radar detectors, we havent listed the most expensive professional models that the industry has to offer. However, if we were to recommend a top pick, it would have to be the Escort Max 360, which tops the charts of many ratings sites that are dedicated exclusivelyto radar detectors.
Why is this model so great? Well it has all of the standard features that every best affordable radar detectors have, plus just about everything else you could think of. Check out the specs from Amazon right below:
- Unmatched detection – Escort Max 360’s front and rear antennas scan rapidly in all directions harnessing the lightening-fast focus of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) to find threats faster and more accurately than any other detector.
- Unmatched precision – Escort’s Max 360’s five levels of filtering ensure the quietest ride. Escort combines three driving modes plus speed-based sensitivity, Cruise Alert and seamless connectivity via Bluetooth to its Escort Live app.
- Rich data plus the power of community – Escort Max 360 protects drivers beyond conventional radar and laser threats by preloading our Defender Database of thousands of red light and speed camera locations in North America.
- Simple communication – Escort Max 360 makes locating and identifying threats easy. Directional arrows display the location of threats while a high-resolution graphic display shows the type, strength and quantity of signals plus real-time speed limit data.
- The total package – Escort Max 360 comes complete with everything you need: a unique Smart Cord with built-in alert lamp and mute button, our best quick-release magnetic Sticky Cup mount, travel case and a one-year premium subscription to Escort Live app.
One major con of the Escort Max 360 Radar Detector is that it is very pricey at just under$600, and this makes it one of themost expensive radar detectors out there. On the other hand, if you want a really high functioning professional model, this is truly the best function and durability you will find. If you don’t have the cash to put down on an expensive unit like this one, you can still get a really good bargain on our list above. See also the best car sun shades for a baby in your car.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this article about the best affordable radar detectors, and don’t forget to like, comment and share this post if you enjoyed it!